My Photo
Name:
Location: Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, May 26, 2006

Learning to write all over again

Kindergarten? Me? I never went to kindergarten as a kid.....I was too smart for that! ha ha ha :) Now I find myself with the great task of teaching it come August. I am very excited for the things I am going to learn and how God is going to show Himself mightily through each and every aspect. As I have been looking through the curriculum, I have found that I will be teaching my precious students how to write. I realized, First- I need to learn myself how to write!!!!!!! =) My handwriting is unique in it's own way... it's nothing like the "original." I looked over the 'chart' at each letter and thought, "I better start practicing!" So I got me a piece of paper and traced the big lines on it and began to try to form the "shape" in front of me. Whew!!! It was a doosy! I practiced and practiced, traced and traced. I had a row (a couple of rows for some letters) for each letter and it was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen on paper! I couldn't believe that I wrote that!!! When Tim came home, I showed him and we laughed about it together and analyzed each letter discovering which ones I'm good at, and which ones seem impossible!! I think I got the "L" down!!!! I know now that I will have much sympathy for my fellow struggling students this fall. =) I am quite embarrassed that I cannot form the proper letters correctly. In time, it will come- I HOPE!!!! I know it's something simple, but I know Jesus cares about the small and simple things-- I'm asking Him to help me learn how to write!

A funny story- One Sunday, a little boy was running across the pew bench (front row!) before church started. Tim kind of looked at me and smiled because he thought it was humorous; he is a very cute, sweet boy. But his smile turned to laughter when I said, "And that's one of my students!!"

6 Comments:

Blogger carissa said...

I think that's funny about writing. I am teaching Emma a few letters before she starts Kindergarten this fall also. It is tough :) I feel for ya. I do wish Emma could be in your class though. At least you'd laugh together!! And I could come in for conferences and bring coffee (do you like coffee?). I'm cutting back--starting tomorrow! Have a great week.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Heidi and Tim! Had fun reading/looking at pics. Have been on the site last week-just had time to sit to write. Had a great anniversary in Cincinnati. Be talking to you soon! Steve leaves for camp today--taking Trey and Blake with him. I holding the fort at home for two days! :) Mel

11:59 AM  
Blogger Bobby Wales said...

I wouldn't even want to try comparing my penmanship to what it's supposed to look like. You are a brave soul.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Tim and Heidi Harney said...

Carissa- I'd LOVE to have Emma. That would be so precious. Especially b/c I know you would be a easy parent to deal with. ;)Yeah - bring on the coffee. I try not to drink much of it, but I love it for a special treat! How are you doing on cutting back? :)

9:14 PM  
Blogger Tim and Heidi Harney said...

Mel- thanks!! Can't wait to hear from you. I'm praying for you this week. Love you!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Tim and Heidi Harney said...

Thanks Bobby! Maybe I should get an indian nickname or something for being so brave...

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home