My Photo
Name:
Location: Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, December 14, 2007

I know, I know...

I know you haven't heard from us in a very long time, and we apologize for not keeping you updated. I know some of you have been wondering where we are and what's going on.
Well, we are doing great, staying busy with our church. We are really seeing God's hand in many aspects... He's so good. We just need to be patient, faithful, and remember that God IS always working even when we can't see it. And for that I am grateful!

I've been pondering a lot lately how grateful I am for the Lord's hand upon our life. His guidance and protection are so amazing. I'm so thankful He watches over us, helping us every moment. There are so many times we don't even realize it, but for the moments in which I do realize, I'm grateful. God is ALWAYS good and for that I am grateful too. What an amazing God we have to trust, lean on, depend on, run to.... WOW! I truly am in awe of His mercy. No matter how many times a day that I fail Him, He's always there. I think of my sin, and how it displeases God, yet in His rich mercy He blessses me abundantly. It's His nature! Mercy! Yes, a part of His nature is His wrath also, but I am thankful He knows, understands, and gives us what we need-- even if it is His wrath.

We've had NUMEROUS exciting things happening within the Harney home. We have a new niece! Praise the Lord for Olivia Nicole who was born at the end of November to Tim's sister. She has got to be one of the most beautiful baby girls ever! She's just gorgeous.
We also BOUGHT A HOUSE! Whoa baby! That has been a very exciting step for us. Maybe someday I'll get pictures up. It's not as easy for us anymore. We settle on Dec. 27th and begin to move in. We hope to be completely moved in by the 29th. We are praising God ! WOW! What answers to prayer....HE gave us this house....100 %!!! We are so grateful and humbled and God's working in our lives on our behalf.

In November, Tim was officially installed as Pastor Harney. It was such a special, memorable time. His oldest brother came to be the guest speaker, and his parents came to surprise him. It was awesome-- what a story to be told. I had many of my family members attend also from the area, which was also special. It was such a nice time. Again- we are grateful to the LORD because we know this is all of His doing.

Tonight we are going to a Hockey game as a church activity. Tim is pumped! Those of you who know him well, know that He LOVES hockey, and this is his first time going to a hockey game so we are quite excited. Sunday is our Christmas Cantata (Lord willing...weather permitting!) Tim is the Narrator and I am in the choir. There is so much more to tell --We have lots more church related activites and things that keep us busy. We love what we do and are excited to be in the work of the Lord.
Please pray for us as we continue to minister and seek to please the Lord. We know that we have a lot to learn. We want to learn and be usable for the Lord. Daily decisions need met, Weekly problems arise that need dealt with; we want to handle things God's way and be wise with our tongues, etc. Most of all, we want to be holy; we want the LORD to be pleased with our heart. We want victory over those momentary battles. He is able for which we are grateful we do not have to face our battles alone. The battle is the Lord's. Pray that we will be obedient!

Hopefully, we'll post before Christmas. But knowing us, it probably won't happen... :( So, if not, we wish you all a Merry Christmas. Rejoice in our Savior. He is worthy! Don't forget about HIM in the midst of the "December busyness"!!
Much love!
T & H

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Heidi!!!! You updated us!!! I just saw the link to your blog the other day and thought, I wonder if they even use it any more? So glad to hear you guys are doing well. Have a Merry Christmas!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Tim and Heidi Harney said...

hey Lacey. Thanks for commenting. It's hard for us to post. I don't have frequent internet access or time. :) We'll do our best though. It's always nice to know what's going on with friends.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Congratulations on the house! Where did you buy it? We just moved into our house 2 weeks ago in West Reading . Sounds like things are going really well for you both. Merry Christmas!

10:36 PM  
Blogger OnTheJourney said...

Glad to see you posting again! Please send us your new address when you move. I have some things to send!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Tim and Heidi Harney said...

Hey Kelli! We've thought about you guys a lot....we're moving to Wernersville!! We have to get connected somehow. Tim really wanted to get a hold of you two to see if you wanted to go to a hockey game with us- we had extra tickets. Anyway, Thanks- We're so excited. Merry Christmas!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Doug and Heidi said...

Hey Heidi...I check your blog periodically too see how things are going with you all. Buying a house! We bought one when we moved to Grove City and we are so thankful we did! As with anything it sometimes has its "homeowner" challenges but it is SOO worth it. Do you have an e-mail address? Ours is dougandheidi@gmail.com I would love to do a better job of keep in touch! Heidi :)

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home